1. No one else is going to do it for you. If you want to improve your outlook on life, the length of your hamstrings, the quality of your breath, or the tone of your gluteus maximus (and who doesn't?) you have to do the work (and play) for yourself. This is a good time to start!
2. I've heard David Swenson say, "I've never finished my practice and thought, 'I wish I hadn't done that!'" Have you? No matter what's keeping you from unrolling you mat—laziness, allergies, or something else you want to accomplish in your spare time—you know you'll feel better after you've practiced. So just do it.
3. You've been looking for a good excuse to wear your most comfy clothes to the grocery store, coffee shop, and around town running errands. Just bring a yoga mat along and you'll be instantly in style. Seriously. Leave the stilettos at home.
4. Because you've forgotten how amazing you really are. Yoga reminds you of the all the fascinating wonders your body (yes, yours!) is capable of, and if that's not a self-esteem booster, I don’t know what is.
5. You just don't have enough time to go to the gym, take a nap, get a massage, AND catch up with friends. Yoga gives you some of the benefits of all of these (and more) all in one class. It's like multi-tasking, but you only have to focus on one thing: your practice!