1. Dogs. What is with yoga people and their dogs? We tend to become obsessed with their wisdom, loyalty, and general warm fuzziness.
2. Tofu, Goji Berries, Kombucha, and lots of other weird miracle foods and drinks that sound so exotic grandmothers everywhere are bewildered by their very mention.
3. Hiking (and so-ugly-they're-cute "outdoors" shoes).. like these! I have two pair.
4. The beach and sometimes surfing.
5. Showing off their bods in expensive, stretchy clothes. I know it's a little shocking, but I really do love yoga clothes..
6. Incense and Essential Oils (Lavender or Eucalyptus..MmmmHmmmm!)
7. Protests and Boycotts. We yogis like to vote with our dollars—and boy do we hold a grudge! BP? Never again!
8. Making sure everyone knows what chemicals could cause cancer. You aren't going to eat that are you!? Don't you know that burnt marshmallow could give you cancer?
9. Michael Franti, Krishna Das, Jai Uttal, MC Yogi, and Snatam Kaur.
10. Babies. There's a reason every yoga studio offers prenatal yoga... Yoga people LOVE babies.
11. Indian Culture. Hindu goddess statues, Om T-shirts, Henna tattoos... When I spot any of these things, I know I've probably met another member of the club. (Actually, it's not much different from gang colors, come to think of it.)
12. Naps. If we didn't like resting, most of us probably would've signed up for Zumba instead of our first yoga class. (What is Zumba, anyway?)
13. Running. Bicycling. Swimming. Rock Climbing. Dancing. Hula Hooping. Yoga people like other kinds of movement, too.
14. Giving to charity.
15. Sharing yoga with anyone who will listen. It's no coincidence that yoga has grown so rapidly in the last decade. Everyone who gets really into yoga eventually enrolls in a teacher training—and then, we pass it on.
It won't be long before we take over the world.