|Image source: Dailylobo.com|
Regardless, I like to think I can come up with a way to relate yoga to anything... even something as mysterious (and loud) as football. So here goes.
5 Things Football and Yoga Have in Common
1. Community. Both football and yoga are about community. Football fans cheer together; yogis breathe together. It's the same thing, really.
2. Training for Stressful Situations. Football players have to keep their cool under TONS of pressure. Honestly, I don't know how they handle it. Yoga students practice keeping calm in difficult poses so we can stay calm in stressful life situations.
3. Coaches. In yoga we call them teachers. They are our guides, our leaders, and our strategists. They help us find our edge and encourage us to do things we never thought were possible.
4. Cheerleaders. It might be the same thing as community, but we yoga students are cheerleaders for each other. We believe that by supporting each other, we're supporting ourselves and vice verse. That's what we mean when we say Namaste, isn't it? It's the yoga equivalent of, "Go Team!!"
5. Sweat, Spandex, and Spirit!
I know there have to be more similarities... help me out here, football fans!
In other news, my favorite part of football has always been the commercials. I LOVE this one.. and now I'd really like a pet polar bear. I already have a white cat and almost white dog... why not a big white bear, too?