National Yoga Month is here!! And that means free or cheap yoga classes at studios all over the country!
In honor of National Yoga Month, I thought I'd put together a few tips I've learned to get yoga for free or cheap all year round!
1. Enroll in Teacher Training. Do you want a lifetime of free yoga classes? One of the best investments you can make is in a teacher training program. Many studios offer free classes to their regular teachers, subs, and even classroom assistants. But you DO have to have finished a 200-hour teacher training first. Yes, those can be very expensive, but think about all the money you could save on classes after you're a YTT graduate!
2. Seek Out a Work Study Program. Your studio might need help sweeping floors, putting props away, or manning their front desks. Ask around and see if there's a work study program, if not off your help in exchange for a free class every now and then!
3. Help Your Teacher. If your studio doesn't have a work exchange program, maybe your teacher will! Being a yoga teacher is a business and many of would be happy to work out a trade with you if you have skills that can help their businesses grow! Can you build a web page? Savvy with online marketing? Are you a great writer or artist? Offer it up!
4. Get a Scholarship. They might be hard to find, but they're out there if you know where to look! A quick Google search pulled up scholarships from Kripalu, YogaBasics.com, YogaAngel.com, and this blog post I wrote about yoga scholarships a year ago!
5. Let the Internet Be Your Guide. Youtube, podcasts, subscription services, oh my! There are free yoga resources all OVER the Internet. So if you're looking for a great option for free, it's right at your fingertips anytime you're in the mood!
Another note: If you really can't afford yoga, let your teacher and/or studio know. Most are more than happy to work something out with you because, after all, they're in the yoga business because they LOVE sharing yoga. They probably don't want to turn anyone away! So be creative, and get on the mat!
Speaking of freebies ... Congratulations to the Spoiled Yogi & Beebliss giveaway winner, Kimberly Parrish! I'll send you a message to get your size and get your shirt shipped to you right away! A big thanks to everyone who participated! Stay tuned, I hope to offer another giveaway soon!