I had no idea that a yoga mat made of memory foam actually exists, so when I came upon Vernice Vita memory foam mat I had to try it out! Practicing on the Vernice Vita mat is like practicing on a cloud. It's cushy, squishy, and supportive in a way I've never quite experienced from any other surface. I've been practicing with the half inch"Cadillac Mat" for a few weeks now, and you know what my favorite part about it is? It made me realize that when I'm in Downward Facing Dog, I actually wasn't in the habit of pressing every finger down--even though I thought I was. It's ah-ha moments like this that can completely change the way you approach the practice. I live for these epiphanies, so I will forever be grateful for the experience.
- It's like practicing on a cloud--a fluffy, cushy, luxurious, supportive, amazing cloud.
- You can actually lift your hands and feet to SEE if your weight is distributed evenly, which is not only really cool, but useful to check out your alignment, too.
- Since your hands and feet make an imprint on the mat, it's almost impossible to slip.
- It provides amazing support for knees, elbows, hips, and other bony body parts that sometimes can be painful on a thinner yoga mat.
- I've never seen anyone else using this mat in a studio, which makes me feel special and love it that much more.
- I didn't love this mat for arm balances. I prefer harder surfaces for arm balancing.
- I have light colored animals in my house, and this bad boy collected (and showed) every stray hair and piece of white lint in my entire house.
BONUS!: SpoiledYogi readers can save $10 on the purchase of any Vernice Vita Yoga mats by adding the discount code SPOILEDYOGI. (Just in case you haven't bought yourself a little something to put under the tree yet!)